The Lakewood Theatre Company annual Performing Arts Scholarship will be awarding scholarship monies again this year to graduates from Lake Oswego, Lakeridge, West Linn/Wilsonville High schools and seniors who have participated in Lakewood classes and productions.
The awards will be made to applicants who plan to major in any area of the performing arts. These include:
- Music, ADD vocal, instrumental
- Dance, Choreography
- Stage Management
- Technical Theatre
Applications are available in the High School counseling offices and from Steve Knox, Executive Producer 503-635-3901 (at Lakewood Theatre Company).
You can also fill out either of these applications:
Deadline for the return of completed applications is April 8, 2023.
All formal applications are reviewed and then, either an online or in-person interview with the panel of judges will be held April 22 or 23, 2023.
For further information, please feel free to contact Steve Knox, Executive Producer by email at email@example.com.
Lakewood Theatre Company
LAKEWOOD THEATRE COMPANY PERFORMING ARTS SCHOLARSHIP
High School Seniors who are accepted at a post-secondary institution and are pursuing an education or advanced study in the performing arts in any areas listed in cover letter.
The applicant must participate in an in-person or online interview April 22 or 23 and submit the following materials to be eligible for a scholarship:
- A completed application form (online or in the high school counselors office or from Steve Knox at Lakewood Theatre Company) submitted either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Lakewood Theatre Co. 368 South State St. Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline April 8, 2023
- An official High School transcript.
- A brief (max 2 pages typed) essay describing past courses of study, intended areas of study at the post-secondary institution, and the reasons the applicant wants to continue on to higher education. Include significant events that have influenced your goal choices and any involvement with Lakewood Theatre Company.
- Performing Arts applicants for acting, vocal, instrumental and dance should submit a video. We suggest submitting two contrasting pieces to demonstrate your range be it monologue, vocal, instrumental or dance (total 10 minutes maximum).
5. Those pursuing Stage Management, Technical Theatre, Directing or Playwriting are welcome to submit examples of their work.
Only applicants with a complete application package, submitted to Lakewood Theatre Company by the end of the day April 8, 2023 will be considered. Selection is based on:
- The responses on the application form.
- The quality of the essay.
- The quality of the responses in the interview
- The strength of teacher and counselor comments.